Sunday, September 11, 2011

Worship Song Sunday -- While I'm Waiting, by John Waller

"I wait for the LORD, my whole being waits, and in His word I put my hope." ~ Psalm 130:5

Some of you may recognize this song from the movie, 'Fireproof.' I haven’t heard it in awhile, but the other day, I watched its author and singer, John Waller, perform it on TV.  This is one of the songs I've included in what I refer to as the soundtrack to my life.  Perhaps it could be yours as well if you're:


*Waiting for answers
*Waiting for God's direction
*Waiting for your prodigal to return

*Waiting for a loved one (be it family or friend) to give their life to Jesus Christ
*Waiting for the phone call to tell you the job is yours

*Waiting for the pain to just stop
*Waiting for your test results to come back negative
*Waiting for healing
*Waiting for your broken marriage to be restored
*Waiting to hear someone say "You're beautiful, and I love you"

*Waiting to be made whole again


It's my desire for the words and music of this song to encourage each of you in your journey, to give you hope to hold on, to persevere and to worship the Faithful One Who knows what you need even before you do, while you're waiting for Him to bring you through the valley and to change your stormy circumstances today.

I like what someone posted below this video on YouTube: 'When God is silent, we are still to worship and serve Him!'  Amen to that.



1 comment:

  1. Amen, to that! Yes, AMEN! Let it be so. ~ Have a blessed day, Pam- Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...