Saturday, October 1, 2011

Restless Child

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' ~ Jesus


I cannot sleep,
My mind and heart are racing;
My body cannot rest.

The accusing voice asks -
"When did you become who you are today...

Someone other than who you were meant to be?"

I cover my ears,
And close my eyes;
But there is no peace for me...

A mocking voice shouts -
"You are worthless!
You are nothing!
You are rejected!
You do not matter!
You are invisible!"

Out of the room I run,
Down the stairs and
Out the door,
Into the cool, night air;
And under the moon and stars
I cry.....

But the still, small voice whispers -
"You are precious and honored in My sight.
You are Mine.
You are loved.
You are the apple of My eye.
NO ONE can take you from My hand,
On which your name is engraved."

My Father's voice comforts,
And resonates in my soul;
It is His lullaby
To His weary, burdened,
Restless child.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Pam! Peace, be still...
    In His Grace, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!! Thank you, Dawn!

    Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful. I have been there Pm, I understand what you are saying....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Mary. I appreciate your comment and I'm glad to know that you understand where I'm coming from here.

    Blessings to you,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...