Friday, December 16, 2011

Sounds of the Season: How Many Kings, by downhere

Here's another Christmas song I'd like to share.  A song that I've come to love over the past several years, sung by the group downhere (yes, they do spell it with a small 'd'), a Christian band from Canada.

The lyrics from the chorus, which I've included below, just blow me away:

How many kings step down from their thrones?
How many lords have abandoned their homes?
How many greats have become the least for me?
And how many gods have poured out their hearts
To romance a world that is torn all apart
How many fathers gave up their sons for me?

Only One did that for me.

How many fathers gave up their sons for me?  No one I know of. 

No one but God, my Abba, gave up His Son, Jesus.


All for me.

All for you.

Such a great love! And for us!

This is real love—not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.~ 1 John 4:10 (NLT)

We love, because He first loved us.~ 1John 4:19 (NASB)


Think on these things, these truths, as you listen to and enjoy this beautiful Christmas song.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...