Thursday, February 16, 2012

O My God ~ A Saint's Prayer/Poem

When I look into the future, I am frightened,
But why plunge into the future?
Only the present moment is precious to me,
As the future may never enter my soul at all.


It is no longer in my power,
To change, correct or add to the past;
For neither sages nor prophets could do that.
And so, what the past has embraced
I must entrust
To God.


O present moment, you belong to me, whole and entire.
I desire to use you as best I can.
And although I am weak and small,
You grant me the grace of Your omnipotence.
Photo taken by Daniel D. Slee in Pembrey, Wales
And so, trusting in Your mercy,
I walk through life like a little child,
Offering You each day this heart
Burning with love for Your greater glory.




~  this entry entitled, 'O My God,' is taken from the book 'Divine Mercy in My Soul,'  the diary of St. Maria Faustina Kowalska of Poland

1 comment:

  1. Oh my...how wonderful to share this, and how wonderful the blessing to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...