Sunday, October 2, 2011

Worship Song Sunday -- From The Inside Out, by Seventh Day Slumber

Recently, I found myself let down and greatly disappointed by someone whom I looked up to and admired greatly. In the blink of an eye, this person fell long and hard off the pedestal that I’d built and placed them on. It was a sad and sorry moment for me. I was so hurt. But really, what did I expect…perfection? We are all flawed human beings, and I can say with great certainty that I know I’ve disappointed people in my life. Can I be honest here? I’m really good at stepping forward for things and saying, ‘Here I am…pick me. I’ll do it!’ but I’m horrible in the following up department, and because of this, I'm aware that I've been a great disappointment to others.

Yes, people will always let us down and disappoint us in one way or another, but thankfully, there is One Who will NEVER disappoint us….and that is Jesus. There will be times in our lives when we may not agree with or believe this statement, especially when it seems our lives just continue to unravel and fall to pieces, even after we’ve prayed and prayed; even after we’ve enlisted other prayer warriors to join us on life’s battlefield. We may wonder what's going on. Is He even listening? When life doesn't seem to be working out the way WE'VE planned, disappointment with our Savior begins looming on the horizon.

But please know that He DOES hear the cries of our hearts, and He will respond by giving us what He knows we need, rather than with what we want. He is so very worthy to be praised.
I listened to this song, ‘From The Inside Out,‘ yesterday over and over. I allowed the words to just seep into me. The opening lyrics say this:

A thousand times I've failed
Still your mercy remains
Should I stumble again
Still I'm caught in your grace...


How thankful I am that even when I've failed and disappointed others (and myself) a thousand times (or more), still the Lord's mercy remains. If I stumble again, STILL...I'm caught in His grace. When everything and everyone else fades away, the Light of Jesus remains shining.   Sing out and cry out to Him today from the depths of your heart.  Allow Jesus to consume you, from the inside out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...