Thursday, December 22, 2011

Sounds of the Season -- Mary, Did You Know? by the Katinas

I've heard many different versions of this song, but this one is my favorite.



When I listen to this song, and think about what I've read over the years in the Gospel accounts of Mary's encounter with the angel Gabriel, I have to wonder -- did Mary have any notion at all of what it was going to mean and all that would take place in her life when she chose to say 'Yes' to being the mother of the Son of the Most High?




Did she know -- did she wonder -- what it would cost her?  Or what it would ultimately cost her Son?



Did she have the slightest inkling what it would be like to be the mother of the Son of God? That indeed, when she would kiss the sweet, tender, baby soft skin of her infant child, Jesus, she was kissing the very face of Yahweh?



Mary had no time to run and ask for wise and godly counsel from anyone about what she should do.  She just said "Yes."

As I live my life, I can only hope to be as trusting, as obedient and as willing as Mary was, responding with her same simple, childlike faith when called to the Lord's service:

“I am the LORD’s handmaiden. May it be to me as you have said.”


1 comment:

  1. Hey there my friend, beautiful! I did remember seeing that you posted the song, as I scrolled through my eblogger read list but wanted to listen to it when I had a chance to enjoy it and was off to spend time with the hub! Great minds (that are yielded to Him!) think alike! In His Grace, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...