Monday, August 27, 2012

Before The Throne of God Above, by Sojourn

Yesterday at church, I heard a beautiful song of worship I haven't heard in quite some time, although I actually have this particular version on my iPod. 

I first heard it years ago on some CD my daughter borrowed from our church library. It was so moving to me then and it remains so today.

Originally, it was written as a hymn entitled, "The Advocate," by Charitie Lees Bancroft almost 150 years ago.  While many artists have recorded it, I chose to share Sojourn's beautiful and simple rendition of it.

May the lyrics touch your heart, as they have mine.  And on those dark and lonely days when you feel lost -- as I often can -- and are prone to forget -- as I often am -- may this song remind you of who and Whose you are, and invite you to draw ever closer to your Abba. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...