Sunday, December 16, 2012

Worship Song Sunday -- Come Thou Long Expected Jesus by Journey Worship

The LORD is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack.  He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures. He leads me beside the still and restful waters. He refreshes and restores my life (my self); He leads me in the paths of righteousness [uprightness and right standing with Him -- not for my earning it, but] for His Name's sake.  Yes, though I walk through the [deep, sunless] valley of the shadow of death, I will fear or dread no evil, for You are with me; Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort me. ~ Psalm 23:1-4, AMP

Today is the Third Sunday of the Advent season.  On the Advent wreath, the rose colored candle is lit, which represents Joy. It's also called The Shepherd's Candle.

In light of the tragic elementary school shooting that took place this past Friday in Newtown, Connecticut, I'd have to say there is not much joy in the lives of many today. Survivors, and those who don't even know them are grieving. 

And yet.....life goes on, doesn't it? It's hard to even fathom this, and perhaps, sounds a bit harsh to point out, but it does.

Today, please remember to keep those who are grieving and hurting in your prayers -- those whose lives were touched by this tragedy, and those whose sufferings will never make world or local news headlines -- and ask our dear Shepherd, Jesus Christ, to lead them -- and us -- through the dark valleys and into a broad place of joy. 

Come, Lord Jesus!


The Good Shepherd, by Christopher Santer


Oh, He IS coming. Hold on!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...