Sunday, October 23, 2011

Worship Song Sunday -- Presence (Hearts Desire) by Newsboys and Jesus Calling Devotional

I'm amazed over and over at how our Lord God speaks a message to us that we need to hear, when we need to hear it.

Just as the weekend was about to begin, I was presented with some information, via a phone call and some emails, that sent family life here into a tailspin. I cannot go into details, but suffice it to say that it has been a rough couple of days, and unfortunately, circumstances may get worse before they get better. I need to stay positive for the sake of someone else, but it's been a moment by moment struggle. 

I chose this particular worship song early on in the week, having no idea just how it, today's devotional message  from the 'Jesus Calling' devotional book and the message from today's sermon at my church would seem to mesh, and how the Lord would speak to me in my particular circumstance through all three of them. Below is the devotional:

"As you turn your attention to Me, feel the Light of My Presence shining upon you.  Open your mind and heart to receive My heavenly smile of approval.  Let My gold-tinged Love wash over you and soak into the depths of your being.  As you are increasingly filled with My Being, you experience joyous union with Me: I in you, and you in Me.  Your Joy-in-Me and My Joy-in-you become intertwined and inseparable.  I suffuse your soul with Joy in My Presence; at My right hand there are pleasures forevermore. "

My pastor preached from the Book of Philippians today, all about having joy despite our circumstances.  Joy is NOT happiness; it's a deep-seated contentment regardless of my circumstances, knowing the Lord God is in control.  My circumstances do not determine my joy, because my joy comes from having the light of Christ's presence inside of me.   

This was a much needed reminder for me today, and it became a soothing balm to my aching heart and soul.   Maybe someone else needs to be reminded of this today as well, or perhaps hear it for the very first time.  Worship and praise the Lord, regardless of your circumstances.  Allow the Light of His Presence to bring you joy.



Happy are those who hear the joyful call to worship, for they will walk in the light of your presence, LORD. - Psalm 89:15

3 comments:

  1. Pam, Continuing in prayer for you! ALso our pastor preached on Persistance and perseverence in prayer! God is so good to give us messages we need to hear by our faithful Pastors! Our joy comes from Him, not circumsantnces (thanks to your Pastor for the reminder!) Our Pastor talked about How our God is not like the judge in Luke 18 but a loving Father who is willing, compassionate, caring and faithful. Ok, we will wait upon Him. Love, to you - In His Grace- Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, Dawn...thanks so much for your comment, but most especially for your prayers. After today's sermon, worship through song and just the beauty of this day, I'm feeling a bit more hopeful. I really struggled with going into church this morning -- I just wanted to go and sit at the lake that's on the campus of the college across from my church and wait until Sunday School was over for my son & daughter. Definitely a ploy of the enemy, because the sermon's message was so DEAD ON what I needed to hear. Yes, God is SO GOOD to give us what we need.

    Thanks again, Dawn!
    Grace & peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic goods from you, man. Ive study your stuff ahead of and youre just as well amazing. I enjoy what youve got right here, adore what youre stating and the way you say it. You make it entertaining and you even now manage to help keep it wise. I cant wait to go through additional from you. That is really an incredible weblog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...