Thursday, September 29, 2011

It Takes A Strong Woman

She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come. ~ Proverbs 31:25

I wrote this in memory of my dear friend, Janette, who, after a long and valiant battle with cancer, left this earth one year ago today to be with her Jesus.  I dedicate it to her loving and faithful husband, Geoff, and her three amazing teens: Laura, Chad and Ryan.


It takes a strong woman to humble herself and admit she is weak,
But knowing her Lord God is and always will be strong for her;

It takes a strong woman to fight for her loved ones, not with fists, or guns or swords,
But on her knees daily in prayer before her God;

It takes a strong woman to receive a cancer diagnosis,
And not shake her fist at God and complain how He's dealt her an unfair hand;

It takes a strong woman to smile and laugh and sing praises to her Jesus
In the midst of her pain;

It takes a strong woman to stand in the shadowy valley, look death square in the face,

And say,"The LORD is MY Shepherd, and I am NOT afraid!"

It takes a strong woman to kiss her beloved ones farewell and leave them behind,
Entrusted in the care of the One Whom she knows loves them more than she;

It takes a strong woman to give up her fight, raise up her hands,
And let her Shepherd lead her home....

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. ~ Psalm 23:1-4



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...