Friday, January 25, 2013

A Noble Visitor

Is it your wisdom that makes the hawk soar and spread its wings toward the south? ~ Job 39:26, NLT


My family and I live in New Jersey, nicknamed 'The Garden State,' sometime back in the late 1800s. While our house is situated in a more urban area, located on the borderline of the city of Trenton (our state capitol), we do have many parks and wooded areas nearby, enabling us to enjoy seeing some of God's beautiful and majestic creatures -- like this one here. 


Surprisingly, this regal looking hawk has been making frequent visits to our backyard lately, and yesterday stayed long enough for my husband to grab these snapshots while it struck a pose or two on, of all things, our back gate!

And would you just look at those piercing eyes! Kind of gives new meaning to the term 'watching something like a hawk, doesn't it?


It's moments like these that I am so in awe of the beauty of God's creations. I think of what His Word says in Genesis 1:31:

God saw all that He had made, and it was very good

I hope that you enjoy seeing this beautiful bird of prey as much as we have!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous bird, gorgeous shots! Love it :) I'm often enamored of God's creation and the variety therein even in the city and especially around the lake :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, ESPECIALLY around the lake. I look forward to when it gets nicer/warmer and you'll be there again, as I know more beautiful photos will come from your times there.

      Thanks, Toni!

      Delete
  2. Wow! I love it- especially since I have been called a "Hawk-eyed" personal trainer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could I then be known as Trapper John? LOL!

      Thanks, Dawn.

      Delete
  3. Love the pictures...what a beautiful HAWK! Isn't God's world magnificent? Something marvelous to see everywhere, even when we aren't expecting it.
    Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and yes! We were practically falling all over ourselves to check out this hawk. Our backyard is pretty much the size of a postage stamp and I'm so surprised we didn't scare the poor thing off with our extremely loud Ooohing and Aaahing at the window as my husband tried to position himself to get the pictures!! Maybe it was just as interested in watching US in our 'natural habitat.' ;)

      Thanks for stopping by, Pamela! Glad you enjoyed the view!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...