Sunday, January 20, 2013

Worship Song Sunday -- Abide With Me, by Indelible Grace (feat Matthew Perryman Jones)


"One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life...." ~ Psalm 27:4

This week proved to be yet another full scale, flurry of activity, which is turning out to be the new normal for me.  While my goal for this year is to simplify, I cannot say these activities complicate or clutter up my life. They just keep me busy, in a good way for the most part:  appointments that need to be kept, people that need my attention, tasks to which I need to attend as a wife, a mom and a homemaker.

I do find myself physically and emotionally exhausted by the time the end of the week rolls around, especially when my arch nemesis, Madame Depression, decides to make an unwelcome and unappreciated appearance in my life, as she did this week.  So my body, mind and soul could use some rest and comforting.  

I found this song, ‘Abide With Me,’ in a post on ‘One Thousand Gifts’ author Ann Voskamp's blog site.  It’s a remake of an old hymn with which I’m not familiar, but which instantly captured me and brought me into that place of peace, rest and holy worship that I so craved, even as I sat at my kitchen table, with a sink full of dishes waiting anxiously for me nearby. The lyrics are beautiful and provided on the video. They are a true cry of the heart to the Lord for Him to come and abide with the worshiper.


My hope is that as you listen to this song, the beauty of the words and music will become YOUR heart's cry and will help to bring you into a place of sweet and tender worship to our Lord God, in spite of any physical exhaustion, mental anguish, heart aches, brokenness of spirit, or dryness of soul that you may be experiencing in your life.



For the next few moments, ask our faithful and loving Lord to help you to empty yourself of all the clutter of life, so that there is room in your heart for Him to dwell…to abide… with you. 





I need Thy Presence every passing hour;
What but Thy grace can foil the tempter's pow'r?
Who, like Thyself, my guide and stay can be?
Through cloud and sunshine, Lord, abide with me.




1 comment:

  1. Abide with me is one of my favorite old hymns. I had not heard this version, but it is still powerful. With Christ abiding with us, we are never alone. He is there in the midst of it all...the depression, the struggles, the joys, the sorrows...He is the unseen guest at all of our gatherings, and He keeps us afloat on the turbulent waters of life. We are never alone with Jesus by our side. Thank you for this reminder today.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...