Sunday, November 13, 2011

Worship Song Sunday -- Great Is Thy Faithfulness, by Avalon

Thanksgiving is just a mere 11 days away.  I know many people here in the blogosphere and on facebook have been challenged to do daily posts of what they are thankful for in life. 

I myself haven't partaken in that daily challenge, but I have enjoyed reading and have been blessed by many of the things that others have written that they are thankful for.  

This past week, this song has been what a friend of mine refers to as an 'earworm;' in other words, it's in my head when I wake up in the morning, here and there throughout the day, and before I go to bed at night.  It refuses to leave my head. 

The day after I decided to use this song for today's post, a sweet sister who was totally unaware of my earworm problem, sent me an e-card referencing --can you guess? -- the Scripture verse the song is based upon:

Lamentations 3:22-23 ~

It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not.  They are new every morning: great is Thy faithfulness.

Today, I am thankful to worship a God whose mercies are fresh daily.  I'm thankful to be afforded a 'clean slate' with Him each morning.  I'm thankful He doesn't change like a chameleon or like the wind; that God's love for me is not a game of 'He loves me, He loves me not,' and that His compassions do not fail.

Let's worship our Father God with thankfulness today.

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.


Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me  (
Words: Thomas O. Chisholm
Music: William M. RunyanWords & Music © 1923)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...