Sunday, April 22, 2012

Worship Song Sunday -- My Hope Is In You, by Aaron Shust

Show me Your ways, LORD,
teach me Your paths.
Guide me in Your truth and teach me,
for You are God my Savior,
and my hope is in You all day long. ~ Psalm 25:4-5, NIV

Let all that I am wait quietly before God,
for my hope is in Him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress where I will not be shaken. ~ Psalm 62:5-6, NLT


Life is hard.  That's a given, isn't it?  We all would love to live a smooth, happy life that moves about on an even keel.  No surprises or shocks.  No hard times or difficulties.  No road blocks or detours.  


Unfortunately, that's just not possible.  Jesus warned His disciples (and that warning stretches through the centuries down to us) that  "in this world you will have trouble" (John 16:33).  There will be times when life doesn't go the way we'd hoped or planned.


But -- Jesus didn't leave them nor us with merely a dire forecast.  His next words in the same verse -- "But take heart!  I have overcome the world"  give us something else.  Something better to hold onto.  


Hope.  Jesus gives us hope.  Always.






Let our hope be in Him, all the day long. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...